[avatar user=”susan.boyd” size=”original” align=”left”]
Susan has worked in the computational chemistry or chemoinformatics departments of Pfizer (Sandwich), Celltech (Cambridge) & Scynexis (Ongar, Essex). Prior to that she worked with Molecular Simulations Inc (now Accelrys) as Product Specialist for their library design tools.
An organic chemist by training, she has a wealth of experience in the application of chemoinformatics & molecular design tools to accelerate the drug discovery process, both for affinity prediction and for identification of potential ADMET issues.
Her experience spans:
- Protein structure-based design
- Pharmacophore modelling
- Statistical data modelling (QSAR, neural nets, decision trees)
- Library enumeration & design
- Chemoinformatics/Data handling
- Virtual screening (2D & 3D)
- Training of chemists and computational chemists
Susan is also an active committee member of the UK-SAR and Informatics Group and a director of IOTA Pharmaceuticals Ltd. She publishes regularly on topics of interest to the drug discovery community.